Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ooo, phew! I thought it would something intimidating like "Tim" or "Sheldon"

As you can tell by my tittles, I love Ice Age.

My fellow bloggers will be so proud of me.  Two posts IN A ROW!  *victory dance*  Go me!  Go me!

Okay, enough dancing.

My family is getting a new puppy, and the search for finding the perfect name has begun.  Obviously, we will have to see the puppy to make a final decision, but it's good to already have several names picked.

For Christmas, I got a book to help me pick a name.  It's called The Best Pet Name Book Ever by Wayne Bryant Eldridge.  Based on that book, this post is about Pet Names.

Out of the 23 categories in the Book, I have excluded some and combined others to create only 3 categories.

1. Common
2. Cultural
3. Crazy a.k.a Funny

1. Common
This category is the most usual responses to finding a pet name.  Names like "Bear", "Goofy", "Buddy", "Honey".  These names are based on Appearance, Personality, People Names, and Loving Terms.  I've chosen names from the book that you don't normally hear everyday.

Ace
Agatha
Albino
Apathy
Banshee
Beau Beau
Beige-ing
Bright Eyes
Carmella
Chainsaw
Chiquita
Cutie Pie
Dennis the Menace
Ebony
Fatso
Finesse
Fluffer
Funny Face
Genius
Good Girl/Boy
Goony
Hey Girl/Boy
Hi-Ho Silver
Hobo
Impulse
Iota
Jinx
Jumbo
Kaffir
Khaki
Kissy Face
Lonesome
Lov-a-Lot
Lynx
Manly
Meathead
Nightmare
Nuffin
Nugget
Ocelot
Oddball
Pee Wee
Pliers
Precious (This is for all you Lord of the Ring fans)
Q Ball
Radar
Ronald
Runt
Sausage Dog
Sir Lick-a-Lot
Sweetums
Terminator
Toothpick
True Blue
Ugly
Valiant
Velcro
Weiner Dog
Wild Thing
Yvonne
Zane
Zeke


2.  Cultural 
This category is names from history, entertainment, etc from a certain culture.  Names like Brutus, Romeo, Baloo, Bugs Bunny, and Beyoncé.

Aesop
Aristotle
Aztec
Balto
Beatles    
Charlemagne
Cicero
Constantine
Mr. Darcy
Dr. Watson
El Dorado
Euripides
Flash Gordon
Fred Basset (or Flinstone)
Garth Brooks
George Harrison (from the Beatles)
Han Solo
Happy (or any of the other Seven Dwarfs)
Herbie
Igor
Indiana Jones
Jackson (Stonewall)
King Kong
Kramer
Linus
Louie (Huey, Dewey)
Lucy
Michael Jackson
Miley Cyrus
Napoleon (Bonaparte)
Newton (Sir Isaac)
Paramore
Paul McCartney
Rembrandt
Seaman (Meriwether Lewis's Newfoundland)
Socrates
Titian
Wile E. Coyote
Xena
Yogi (Bear)


3.  Crazy a.k.a Funny
This category includes some very unusual names.  They are either funny, crazy, or just plain weird.  Names like Blanquito(a), Justa Cat, or Budweiser.  I've chosen them from the fashion world, foreign terms, foods and drinks, and just the unusual.

Abogato
Al Poochino
Beeren (German for "berries")
Bier (German for "beer")
Cabernet (Sauvignon)
Cognac
Dobie Won Kanobi
Dough Boy
Escargot (French delicacy)
Foster's
Gigio (Italian for "cricket")
Hi Pockets
Hissy Fit
Ilsa
Jack Daniels
Ker Plop
Lemon Drop
Linguini
Meat
Monterey Jack
Nacho
Neiman Marcus
Oso(a) (Spanish for "bear")
Paraphernalia
PiCatSo
Quatro (Spanish for 4)
Ralph Lauren
Rolex
Singapore Sling
Starbucks
Toutou (French for "doggie")
UGG
Vodka
Wrangler
Xing Tao (Chinese Beer)
Vaquero (Spanish for "cowboy")
Zinfandel (Wine)
Ziplock

Wow, this post took forever to create!  So, appreciate it, because I put a lot of strenuous labor into it!  =)

You all love me.

I hope this wasn't too long and boring.  I tried my best to make it interesting.
~Emma~






























3 comments:

  1. two things: first, I like the name Banshee for a fluffy cat. And second, that is an adorable picture! :)

    oh yah, I have a post that comes in between yours. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. rats. well, I still have two posts, two days IN A ROW! HA! =P

    ReplyDelete